Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Food

We get free breakfast every morning. The breakfast is pretty good. Although things here are a bit different. They do offer most American foods. They do offer sushi for breakfast. I have been taking advantage of this since technically breakfast is actually my dinner.

After I eat some sushi and egg and a little ham, I head back to get a homemade waffle. I think they may be the best waffles I have ever had. There is this cute guy that makes them for me every morning. His name is Mark and unfortunately, he leaves as of tomorrow to go to night shift. So, this morning I had eaten my sushi and egg and was starting to get up from my table to go get me a waffle. As I start to stand this is what I see.



But, he has a plated waffle for me. He had cut up a fresh mango and banana and put it on the plate along with a little bit of butter and syrup. I am going to miss Mark in the morning.

I also went to the grocery store over the weekend.
















I didn't have much time as I had to catch the shuttle back to the hotel after shopping. I did get the essentials though. Stuff to make PB&J's, candy, Coke and Redbull. What more does one need to survive here? I wish I would have bought some sort of salty treat though. I crave it and do not have it. I am going back to the store in the morning though.

I have been snorkeling more. The pictures I have taken are mostly the same as I already have on file with Flickr. However, there are a few more on there of the local area and the way it looks. The "real" side of Cebu Philippines. Where the locals hang out and live. Check them out!
I miss home. I miss Melissa and our animals. I miss all my family, friends and hanging out. I will miss NFL football this next weekend. We do get the Sunday night game on TV over here and it is actually "live". So, at least I get to watch some American sports. I have also been watching all of the US Open. It is on live when I am awake for work. Since I haven't worked the last 2 nights due to it being the weekend, that is all I have watched.

I am having fun and getting lots of rest on the beach.


Until I blog again, ROCK ON!

2 comments:

Christi said...

Love the last picture, it's beautiful.

Aly said...

Oh, how sweet of Mark to have your waffle all ready:) I think you are gonna be black when you get home with all of that beach time!