Monday, August 25, 2008

Snorkeling

So I went snorkeling yesterday morning. I found Nemo!
It was amazing. I saw so many different types of fish. When I first got in I was by myself. I started to head out to Sea and all of a sudden, these fish started circling around me.

Now, I wouldn't be telling the truth if I said I wasn't frightened. I was. I was thinking to myself as I am submerged in the water that these fish are going to eat me. They were swimming in a perfect circle completely around me. I panicked a bit and swam back into shore. I waited about 2 minutes and decided to give it another go. As I was headed back out to sea, a family comes into the water with some bread rolls in their hand and start feeding these fish. It then dawned on me that the fish thought I was going to feed them. The panic left me and I continued to swim further out. I swam around for about 30 minutes just taking in the scenery under the water. I came back in to take a little break. About 10 minutes later my co-workers Tony & Brittany come down to the beach. They went and rented some snorkel equipment and all 3 of us went out. This time we went all the way out as far as we could go. For those of you that have been to a tropical resort know they put a net out so you can't go out any further than they can see you safely. We played around in the water for about an hour and came back in. It was amazing and I can't wait to do it again. Seeing I have 6 weeks here, I am sure I will be snorkeling a lot. Until next time, ROCK ON!

2 comments:

Aly said...

Those pictures are amazing! I think that I would be a big scaredy cat!

Christi said...

I love the picture of Nemo!